Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lord, Bless the work of my hands...

Lord Bless the Work of my Hands...
I finally illustrated this verse that I discovered yeas ago while working on
my autobiographical SuperTab comic. 
See it here...
http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/03/supertab-autobiographical-comic-of-my.html

I had gone through a real spiritual high where I felt like God was instructing me or commissioning me to do work for him using my gift he gave me. I had been working so hard on taking my experience with Christ and putting it out there visually for others to see. I was sharing me testimony through my art.

At one point, I had completed my last piece of my testimonial puzzle and was going through a creative dry spot. I wanted so badly to continue working creatively for Him, but felt as though his instruction has stopped. So, I went through a period of just illustrating verses and writing and illustration poetry inspired by my faith walk. Although these were sincere to me, they felt like works of my own rather than before, they felt like works from the Spirit through me.
It was a time for me to realize that there are seasons in our walk.. 
  
Ecclesiastes 3
  1There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2A time to give birth and a time to die;
  A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.

3A time to kill and a time to heal;  A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4A time to weep and a time to laugh;  A time to mourn and a time to dance.
5A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;  A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
6A time to search and a time to give up as lost;  A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;  A time to be silent and a time to speak.
8A time to love and a time to hate;  A time for war and a time for peace.

So, the Lord was wanting me to refill my cup.
I had poured so much out of myself, that he needed to fill me back up.
But still, I am the type of person that cannot creatively sit still.
I call it my Art ADD.

So, this is when I decided to create my Autobiographical comic.
I love so many of these that other people have created.

I had read 100 Demons, by Lynda Barry a couple years back.
I laughed at so many of her stories about her crazy childhood that it inspired me to do one for myself.
But at the time when I read it, I felt like my life did not have an inspirational bone in it.
I needed substance.
But, years later, I had something to write about!
God had moved in my life so marvelously, that it was all I wanted to do was share. 
So off I went, writing SUPERTAB!
But I just got this unsure feeling that it was not what God instructed me to do. 
So, I went to Him in prayer asking Him if this is what He wanted. 
(silence... crickets chirping... more silence)...
I was not getting an answer. 
So, I went back to my old high school tricks...
I held a pen, grabbed some paper, and closed my eyes...
I told God that I was trusting Him to write through me an answer or a verse for my peace.
What I ended up getting was a shaky "DEUT  2 7"...
I was very unfamiliar,,, so i looked it up.
It read, 

"The LORD your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything."

So, to me, that was my answer. He was going to bless the work I made in my time of "wilderness". 
This was the time that I was dry of ideas, walking through a vast empty place of inspiration. 
So, I felt like from this, My Father was giving me permission to work creatively on my own and still be blessed. So, I make sure that what I create is still a reflection of He who gave me that ability to do it. 
It read, 



No comments:

Post a Comment