Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Judas's Perfume Stinks... my Socks do not!




Judas's Perfume Stinks... my Socks do not!

So, making LostSock dolls is a big deal to me. I find it entertaining and a part of me feels as though I am creating life. I am fulfilling my CREATive side...with these creatures. I love to see them turn from something purposeless to something totally lovable and unique and full of personalities. SOmetimes I grow quite fond of them and find it very hard to sell or give them away... 
but that is the selfish side of me. For a while I was hoarding the dolls and they just sat there in my room looking at me with their button eyes everyday.  I refused in my heart to sell them unless somebody was willing to buy them for millions (jj). 
But one day... the Father spoke to my heart. 
He knew I was planning selfish schemes deep down (as we all do) somewhere in there... whether it was to use the dolls to  become famous, rich, or just recognized by some important person for my own vane reasons. 
Well, here is what He basically said in a nutshell to me months ago...
"Tabitha, these Lost Sock ideas were given to you by me for the purpose of reaching others so therefor I am going to use it to my glory.
You are no different than Judas himself by thinking the way you do... 

John 12 Jesus Anointed at Bethany 

"1 Six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. 2Here a dinner was given in Jesus’ honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him.3 Then Mary took about a pint[a] of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

 4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.[b]” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.
   7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you,[c] but you will not always have me.”

     I was a little hurt by this, but He was totally true. The whole point of the dolls was to share the message of how Christ can recreate us & give us purpose no matter how worthless we feel here on earth. He continually takes the weak & small and makes them strong & big in His name and with His power all throughout history. 
       SO, .... I realized that to me the dolls seemed priceless, like expensive perfumes. I didn't want to sacrifice something so wonderful to people that I felt did not understand their meaning or appreciate the work and care that went into each stitch. They were not just dolls to me... they were extensions of my Spirit. But, just like Judas I was giving excuses to keep hoarding them to myself, when the only way to please God was to get over my own selfishness, and use them as a loving sacrifice and fragrant offering to him. 
   So, God told my heart to give them up... let them loose and trust Him to whom I give them to. So, all I did was ask Him to show me who needed them. And he answered and will continue to answer my request... 
    Final point is that  (deep breath)... I just wanted to share this revelation with all of you (as of now 6 followers including myself), so that you will sit back and evaluate your perfumes that you may be hoarding somewhere to one day "give to the poor"....  are you guilty? 
                            
These sock dolls have been specially made for a family that lost their 5 pets in a house fire...
OHHH! sorry, let me move the cat... curiosity kills.

there we go! In memory of 2 dogs, skunk (yes pet skunk, apparently people do this), cat, and bird.





May I possibly inspire you to show GOd your love by giving up something you love for those you love...
Isn't that what love is all about anyway...?
Have a blessed day...

THIS IS A PREVIOUS POST FROM

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4, 2012

that was on my older blog, which has been converted to and exclusive Art Teacher blog.
So, I am making it's new home here where it belongs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment