Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hampster on a Wheel... be still!

God made me a creative being, and he gave me a talent as a way to let it out of me. 

I am so blessed and grateful for that that sometimes I can't stop to see what His plans are for all the stuff I created. I sometimes get so wrapped up in it that I become prideful and catch myself practicing my acceptance speech in front of the mirror for when I win my giant trophy in front of millions of adoring fans!
I hear them yelling out my name, snapping photos, and throwing me their Lost Socks and roses...

Sometimes I get so busy doing what I do, I forget to talk to God and stop to ask myself why I am doing it.
I have so many plans, so many dreams, so many ideas!
I can't sit still sometimes. 
I want all my books published, all my LostSocks sold.
I want to be in Better Homes Magazine and more!
I run and run to get it all done, faster... faster...
I am a Hampster on a Wheel, can't be still!
Gotta go, Gotta go!
Can't talk now...
Come back later...
Kids go take a nap...
leave mommy alone...
The world is MINE MINE MINE!

I know I have felt like this before, 
hmmmm...some place, some time, 
But not time to remember!!!
BAHAHAHAHHH!

(Read where I have, here...Judas's Perfume)
http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/03/judass-perfume-stinks-my-socks-do-not.html

But then...
shhhhhhh. I heard something... something small and still, 
It's Him!
He was just waiting there patiently for me to realize this.
A Hampster on a wheel runs in vain.
Hampster on a wheel, BE STILL, and know, I am God.
Psalm 46:10
I stop, be still, take a breath...
and remember...
That big trophy I am in such a hurry to get...
all the stuff I want to happen, all the fame I can't wait to attain...
If I do ever get it, it will come in His time and His plan.
Cause if I got it my way, it would be a disaster.
But if I do, by any small chance...

I should lay it all at His feet. 
He is the one that deserves all the glory. He Created me so that I could create all this...
Without him, none of this would be possible.
Then I ask myself why do I try so hard?
Is it for me, or Him?
Is what I am creating a reflection of my Creator? 
Then I ask him to prune all my vanity away. Bring me back to where I should be.
Be patient and trust His control. 

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
                                                                          1 Peter 5:7
                                  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Then the peace floods back to my life. All anxiety is lifted away life a weight off my shoulders.
Daddy will take care of it. You just be my child again and let me take control.
This is what I love...




So, God I am trusting you with all I do. 
I will keep having fun making stuff. 
Please bless my work and let it glorify your Name. 
One day you will look at me and say, 
Well done my good and faithful daughter.
That will be the only trophy I need. 
I love you...

View the poem and illustration of this post...
http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/03/hamster-on-wheel-art-and-poetry.html





MY PROJECTS
that keep me busy...

My Thrifty Secret Jounal

An illustrated journal about not being afraid to get your hands dirty for the sake of fashion.
Get over yourself and head to the "stinky store". 
One person's trash is another girls next Fashion Statement!

My Art Teacher Blog
http://tabithaannthelostsock.blogspot.com/

A blog full of fun lesson plans for any art teacher.
Showcases artwork from the kids I teach.

The Creator

A book for kids to understand God's love for His creation. 
God is the artist, we are the canvases.
This book attempts to tell the Bible from a unique perspective...
It is still in the works.

The Lost Sock
This is a book about a little girl who finds hope in the hopeless.
She discovers that a Lost Sock does not have to be lost...
With a little love and creativity, she makes a new friend.



MINDY SERIES

Mindy's Magic Timeship

This is the beginning of Mindy's Misadventures...
She uses her thrifty wit to put together a time machine.
She also finds out what not to do with it!
OOps!



Mindy plans a way to still be mischievous, and not get caught...
only her plans don't go as well as expected.

Mindy procrastinates her Art History homework and needs a way to make up for lost time...






No comments:

Post a Comment