Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

If God is for Us...

Art by Tabitha Seaton

I have worked on commission for people needing art in the past and I still do from time to time. 
But, this is not my passion or the legacy I want to leave here. 
One client I worked for in the past confronted me about my art. They warned me not to be so open and free with my ideas. They fearfully thought & warned that people of the world could take advantage and steal my ideas and claim them for their own benefit. 
This may be true... and I thought about it for a few seconds.
But, I feel the Spirit took away all fear of that fairly quickly. 
I felt as though these ideas were from God, He gave them to me. So, it is my duty to unselfishly give them back to my neighbor to further His kingdom.
I should not hoard my ideas away and wait to be discovered...
Since I was saved, I have a new perspective on things, a more eternal outlook. 
I think that if I died tomorrow (which in my life I have found is very unpredictable),
what will matter most? 
Hide your ideas, His word, my light, my Spirit and possibly loose earthly treasure
or
Show my ideas, His word, my light, my Spirit and be promised eternal treasures?

HMMMMMMM... I prefer the second one.

If some person of this world were to "steal my ideas" or take my poems of faith and use them as their own, that would be hypocritical anyways. Why would a person steal God's words? These 2 things do not sit parallel together.  If a person stole something of mine that I made for Him, then they are stealing from God... therefor, He will judge. I will probably never know they did, but He will.
"If God is for Me, who can be against me?" 
He is my lawyer, He rules supreme, and It is His decision that will be the last.
So, knowing this, claiming it as truth, I am not afraid or worried about this 
AT ALL!


I am not selfish with my art that applies to my faith because in in reality, it is not mine... it is His. 
The whole purpose it to take what God gave me and pass it around to help others.
God's word is FILLED with this perspective as a Commandment!

If His desire for me is to be a fisher of men,
I using my art as my bait...
and I am not about to ask those fish for money!
  

People are always saying, "You should sell this" or "you forgot to sign this". 
I do not do work for the purpose of selling 
(although if somebody insists or initiates, I will consider). 
I really just create my faith art as a means of personally connecting myself (or others in turn) to Christ. Creating is my main way of worship. When I create, I get "in the zone". My mind disappears to another place where I lose track of my surroundings 
(time, stress, eating, others and myself really).
These are physical things that I escape. I move to the Spirit Realm. 
This is how we are told to worship Him...
John 4:24
"God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."
Spirit is unseen, not of this world. So we must make our minds leave HERE to get THERE
so we can SEE HIM with the eyes of our hearts.

I am not looking for money or fame or anything of this world that will not last. 
 Isaiah 40:8 
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever."


If I do not want to get "paid" by this world for what I share, 
because the prize I receive here will wither when I leave.
 Matthew 6:19-21
 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

 2 Corinthians 4:18
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 

I encourage you  
to find your way of "worship".
What gets you "lost". 
What makes you forget the world?
If you don't know, pray for God to reveal it to you, or give you something.
When you find it, use it to glorify Him. 
Let Him steal your show!
Cause I know, "I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul". 

Listen to "Lose My Soul" by Toby Mac
here on YouTube VEVO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHKdhAZ9hU&list=PL5A5A54FBA6C75816 
 see also
Also, Kari Jobe's "You are for Me" YouTube video/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSMfL5LuSo


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful, thank you for sharing it with the world. Can I posted in my Facebook page? Please replay. Thank you, may God bless you for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete