Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I don't belong here...


When I was spiritually transformed 5 years ago, my views were also greatly changed. My creative side, my mothering, my teaching, my attitude, my likes, EVERYTHING changed! There was no denying Christ was now residing inside of me. 
 See my Spiritual Autobiography Comic here...

This changing does not sit still, but grows bigger and stronger as life moves on. Each circumstance, good or bad, just proves validity to His supernatural presence and power more and more in my life. Since my young husband of ten year, Shannon Seaton, unexpectedly passed away 5 months ago, my perspective has changed immensely. I feel as though I am seeing the world we live in from a higher plane, through the eyes of Heaven. Suddenly, things that were so important to me before I let slip by. And things that I let slip by before have become my main desire. Each thing, activity, creation, friendship or even that I am involved in is weighed on a spiritual scale. Does this bring life to me or another person? Does this matter in the end? Does this only lead to vanity or selfish desires? Does this get in the way of His plan for me and my family?
My sight is on Heaven and towards things that last forever. 
I respect honest people more than ever and have a heightened sense of discernment in people's character.
Are my friendships bringing me down, am I lifting others up, or are they leading nowhere? 
I feel as though I have one foot in Heaven, my eternal home and one here on Earth, my temporary home. 
I feel as though my husband did not leave me here in grief, but went ahead of me to renew my hope.
I will meet him again soon, but until I do I have to make the most of this world. I have to fight to show the truth, be kind to those around me, and share His love through my own. 
I am here to love and save, not judge or condemn. 
I don't belong here, but I am here for a reason and will live in His Plan.
I will follow His path to the end. I started it with Him and will end it with Him.
He is the Alpha and Omega, the author and finisher of my life.
I will run this Race of Faith, 
"Surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith..." Hebrews 12:1-2



If we are truly and sincerely living in Christ, we should have senses that doesn't match up with those of this world. When I am living and walking closely with Christ (a daily practice and honest struggle), I feel like things of this world lose importance. The worldly things are temporary, but normal people greatly vale them (money, fame, luxury, etc.). These things do nothing for our joy or spirit and only temporarily bring us fading happiness. This walk is daily, taking in daily bread (His word), and intimate moments everyday to keep in constant communication with Our Leader. We cannot zone out friends!
 Our head should be in Heaven's clouds... not the worlds smoke and mirrors.

THIS WORLD BELONGS TO SATAN
1 John 5:19
"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world is under the power of the evil one."

I AM AN ALIEN HERE
"Dear friends, I warn you as "temporary residents and foreigners" to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls".
1 Peter 2:11

I AM A CITIZEN OF HEAVEN
"But our citizenship is in Heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior there, the Lord Jesus Christ:"
Philippians 3:20

I DO NOT LOVE THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD... they are temporary.
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

“The eye is the lamp of the body. 
Matthew 6:19-24



art by Tabitha Seaton



SERVE ETERNITY or FALL FOR THE TEMPORARY
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money"
Matthew 6:24


art by Tabitha Seaton

WHO ARE YOU HERE TO PLEASE... The Creator or His Creation?
"If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet, because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you" 
John 15:19

HIS WORD IS NOT POPULAR!
"I have given them Your word, and the world has hated them because [Your words] are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of this world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world,"
John 17:14


This image below is the one I used for the above
"I don't belong here..." drawing. Awkward!


P.S.
Dear D.H, Brother in Christ.
I do not think of you as a sneaky snake, but a unfortunate frozen friend.
We will continue on the other side, when we get Home.
In His Love and Light,
Tabitha



No comments:

Post a Comment