Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Friday, December 20, 2013

He is my Souce of Strength & Joy...


If I live without plugging in to His word and His presence everyday, 
I wither away. 
The thing is, as a Christian, we are not lost. 
We know the plug is there, sometimes we just choose not to use it. 
In fact, I think we know the power we CAN have... but we are afraid to use it.
We are afraid of the POWER and the SHOCK, afraid that we cannot hold it. 
So, we just live without it.
Romans 8:11
"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you."
PLUG IT IN AND SHINE OUT!!!
We cannot shine bright in this world and show His light if we do not connect with Him 
and everyday charge our power.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."
John 8:12
"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
I love my chord. It charges my battery, gives me strength to face another day, keeps me focused on Heaven and it's perspective, and gives me inspiration and motivation. It helps me see the good in others and encourage them. I struggle to plug in sometimes, like everyone. 
But, plug in into HIm is my life!
" True intimacy is my desire...to catch your whisper, to carry your fire.. 
it's my ambition, my soul's true mission, my destination. More than living, more than breathing, it's the reason my heart's beating.There's nothing greater than knowing it,"
Words from True Intimacy from Rend Collective Experiment. 
I'm blessed to be different from the world... I stand out, shine bright, point to Him. 
This artwork uses simple symbols to communicate my ideas.
This idea was used by Keith Haring and his art holds a special place in my heart. 
SYMBOLIC MEANING
Plug- The True Source, God
X eyes- Supernatural Senses closed
Smile eyes- Supernatural senses opened
Heart- The possibility of the Truest Love
Plug- The spiritual umbilical chord to our Spirit Father. 
LIght- His power shining through His connected child
I teach my kids to use semiotics, like Keith Haring, to communicate their views on life in my classroom. See the lesson here...
http://tabithaannthelostsock.blogspot.com/2012/04/keith-haring-semiotics-posters.html



No comments:

Post a Comment