Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Monday, May 6, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday-Fashion Week 2

 Ok, I have been inspired by What I Wore Wednesday
from The Pleated Poppy blog.
It is hard to take a picture everyday of what I wear.
Usually, the days I feel that I look my best are the days I never get around to posing for the camera..
I have to have time and get my supportive husband to grab his camera too. 
I feel ridiculously narcissistic asking him everyday.
"Honey, take a picture of me!"
But I am going to try, I already had a serious talk with him about how important this is!
Fashion is top priority this week or our marriage is on the line 
(Sike! ha ha). 

But seriously. I feel so excited and honored to be asked to speak to a group of pre-teen Christian girls this week at a Middle School FCA slumber party about sensible and inexpensive fashion. 

???BEAUTIFUL YOU???
God wants us to each be the best we can be in every way, inside and out. 
If we neglect our bodies and image, we are really neglecting a Masterpiece that He designed.
If you feel weird saying that you are a "Master Piece", then think about it this way. 
You are a piece that was created by the MASTER!
If you feel that is still wrong, then you are insulting the one that created you, the artist that created every artist, the creator of all creation!!!
                                             So, just admit it... YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!


The focus is on sensibly taking care of the beauty that God gave you
without letting it carry you away to fantastical vanity land.
(Everyone in that land is a snob!)
 I want to teach girls that fashion does not have to be expensive and style is not meant to make you feel better than others around you, but just better about yourself. 
Anchor pieces help us remember these important things...

Since Anchor Pieces can be cheap, the key is quality over quantity.
And it's not about how much we have, but how good it makes us feel.
 
 http://prepaganda.tumblr.com/tagged/protips/chrono

So, I want to get in the spirit by attempting this What I Wore Wednesday thing.
Here is my Week of Thrifty Fashion...
(Click on an images to make them bigger)

THURSDAY
What I wore to Work
Vest- Good Will
Shirt- Forever 21 (old)
Pants- Marshall's
Shoes- D.I.Y. saddle oxford project inspired by 
Blue Bird Vintage
This look was slightly inspired by Annie Hall's Diane Keaton.
I just love love love Diane Keaton and her unique style.
I just wish now I had worn a tie... oh well. 
 
FRIDAY
What I wore After Work
(Bad picture, i know...wind is not my friend!)
At May Festival Downtown
Scarf- WalMart
Dress Top- GoodWill
Leggings- Walmart
Boots- Minnatonka

SATURDAY
What I wore Grocery Shopping

Floral Top- GoodWill (Wrangler brand)
Vest- GoodWill (Ralph Lauren brand)
Green Shorts- NYC 
Tights- Wal-Mart
Boots- Minnatonka

SUNDAY
What I Wore to Church

Jean Vest- Good Will
Plaid Shirt- Old Navy
Skirt- Old Navy
Leggings- Wa-lMart
Boots- Minnatonka.com
Necklace- Handmade by LostSockCreations... see here


What my girls wore to church...

Monday 
What I wore to Work

 Cardigan- GoodWill (MERONA brand)
Plaid shirt- GoodWill (Old Navy Brand)
Skirt- GoodWill (JK LA brand)
Tights- Target
Shoes- City Classified at Shoe Carnival (old)
Necklace and Hair Pin- Lost Sock Creation

Tuesday-
What I wore to Work

Purple Shirt- GoodWill (no tag)
Stripped shirt (under)- GoodWill (Miley Cyress brand)
Orange Skirt- GoodWIll (Exhillaration brand)
Leg Warmers- Good Will (cut off sleeves of a sweater)
Shoes- Jelly Pop brand from Shoe Carnival
Necklace- Handmade by LostSockCreations

I Love Love Love this picture of these cool chicks and was inspired by them for my choice today.
.i wanna dress up cool and hang out with these girls....

WEDNENSDAY
What I wore to Work

Having Technical Difficulties with this one...
but here it is...
just tilt your head to the right.

now tilt back up again..
Jean Pin-Striped Vest-  from GoodWill (AMX brand)
Jean Skirt- GoodWill (J. Crew)\
Men's tie- GoodWill (Palais Royal)
Navy Plaid Shoes- GoodWill (Etienne Aigner)
Metal Owl Badge- LostSockCreations

tilt head again for accessory and shoes details...
I know at this age, some kids can't get past the thought of wearing somebody else's stinky old clothes...
I have been there myself...

As as child...
 
As a teenager,
My ideas changed...
And as a Mom...

To view more pages from this 
SUPERTAB autobiographical comic
and my testimony, visit here
 http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/03/supertab-autobiographical-comic-of-my.html
_________________
For more thrift advice and secrets from my "Thrift Secret" journal, go to this post
 http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-art-of-smart-thrifting.html
________
To see my Thrift Week 1, go to this post
http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/04/thrift-week.html
___________
Get a glimpse at what "Lost Sock" fashion really is here
 http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/p/lostsock-fashion.html



No comments:

Post a Comment