Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Monday, January 14, 2013

Kid's Birthday Parties


ART THEMED PARTY
Maisy's 5th Birthday 2012
Since Maisy is turning into quite the artist (like her mother), we decided to celebrate her 5th Birthday by having an Art Party!


Maisy helped make the rainbow fruit Kabobs!


She had an awesome Custom Crayon cake...

Bottled sodas of many colors...

Yummy rainbow food...

We used the Crush carriers as part of our condiment holders!
Last minute idea, turned out cute.


Pin the kiss on Maisy Lisa...

Rainbow button buds...

Maisy made the paint palette garland all by herself!

pARTy pennants...




Painting birdhouses outside in the lovely weather...










Maisy got some artsy presents!...








She had an art themed party! It was a lot of work and a lot of fun... I guess I did it for the little girl in me too. Maisy really loves art and I really love her. I cannot believe she is 5 (tear tear...). I treasure every moment...


JAPANESE THEMED PARTY
Maddy's 1st Birthday 2012
For my daughter Madelynn's 1st Birthday, we decided to give her a Japanese Birthday party. Her nursery theme is JapanLand, so it just seemed fitting. I chose to make her Birthday invitations as a parody of this Japanese artwork.

Original Painting
Spoof for Invitiations...

Maddy's Smiley Face

Then I had this idea for part of the party favors. I know how to make an origami crane from heart. So, I thought about doing some, but decided to use a chopstick inside to hold it up... then I thought that having something inside would be even better. So, I decided on JellyBeans for the inside. I went to Walmart and got Scrapbooking paper and jelly bean bags. I went to a Japanese Market to get the chopsticks. And then we began...
To learn how to make the cranes, see this link. It is the best I have found...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSijU52XJ7w&list=PL4AE49DD6487CE892&index=6&feature=plpp_video
Supplies needed

Begin folding paper...

Make cranes kiss... very important step!


This was the end result of the Origami Crane Jelly bean Pinata chopstick things.... or whatever you want to call them.
I wanted to put them in a clear jar since we found cute chopsticks.


We all dressed Japanese for the party. Except daddy... he refuses to be a fashionista. 

We hung three Japan Umbrellas from out room dividing line...

This cake was made by our favorite cake artist... Leigha Davis of Mineola.



Japanese candy, fan, and treats in a ToGoBox as a party favor for guests...


We just decided getting take out was the best way to go... so we went to the local buffet and used out best China (or  best Japan) to display and serve it pretty...

Maddy got tired and had to sit a while... 







DEMOLITION OF THE CAKE!
Maddy got the hang of the cake eating pretty fast...







Our party guests...

I love this picture that was taken by our friend Melissa from Strictly Ourdoor Photography of Mineola.


More Cake by Melissa Walker

Yeah! Pink KitCat Clock!







Ok, so it was fun. 
I was sad some people did not get to come that I really wanted to...
but things turned out fabulous with what we had. 
Maddy is the best and I can't wait to spend this time with her till the next birthday. 
She is such a blessing...

MAdelynn's Monster Birthday Bash 
2years old, 2013

We are planning on a monster party for our littlest one...
here are her invites...






THE PARTY DAY!

After searching for an affordable yet available cake maker... 
we decided to just make our own monster cake...
My husband Shannon baked it out of the box and we decorated it together. 

This was the party table...



Our family monster portrait over the fire place...






I teach art at our school.
My advanced Art 8th graders helped me paint these silly monster portraits!
I am so blessed to have great kids at school.



We were so suprized when we found this Monster Party stuff at Hobby Lobby! 
I love it!


Mommy (me) and my Monster.



monster Maddy munching...



Big sister chomping down...

Her favorite gift was her Ca$h Machine...
"May I help you? Your credit is approved"...


apparently it was everyone's favorite!
Truth is, I wanted to buy it more than she did. 
I wanted one since I was a little girl.

Maddy got mad when everyone wanted her cake!
You have to share Madelynn...
she soon got over it though...





No comments:

Post a Comment