Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Come in...


Come in and get comfortable Lord in my home, 
I saved the best seat to act as your throne.

Please shut the door behind you and never walk out,
 for you are all I want my home to be about. 
If something come knocking, you must let them in, 
cause I trust your answer more than my skin. 
My flesh has opened doors that brought in thieves, 
with winds that kicked up dust and dirty leaves. 
My answer left me sweeping the stoop and the entry, 
bringing my faith back to elementary. 
I don't want you hanging out there on the porch, 
wanting to brighten my dark home with your torch. 
I want live here and be the man in my life, 
you are husband to this widowed wife. 
Be at watch and answer all calls, 
for in your hands responsibility falls. 
I surrender on my knees, 
humbly holding out the keys... 
Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment