Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Asymmetrical Black Bob...






Ok, I have been wanting a change in my hair to go along with my new widow status.
I want something strong, brave, gutsy, and sassy.
I feel as though my hair is my crown and it reflects how I feel inside.
And well, this is how I am feeling.
I have been wanting to go black for a long time...
see here...
but looking back at that post, I was so chicken and just tippy toed around just
GOING BLACK !
So, now that I am really black haird a year or so later... I am feeling like I have nothing to lose.
I have no husband to ask what he likes anymore. I usually did my hair the way he wanted and changed every so often to keep things interesting. 
So now, I will just do what I want...
 
I found this girl Frankie online that is in a English Girl Band called The Saturdays.
I am not really super intersted in her music...
BUT HER HAIR ROCKS!!!
Seems like a lot of other ladies do as well. She is getting copied so much like
she is the new Victoria Becham because of her bob.
 
So, here are some of my favorite images of her hair...
I like this one because of the way her bangs are kinda off and crazy curled up...
That is what I am attempting below.
 
Here is another girl I discovered online with the same hair and she actually shows you how to get it done in the salon. I love her confidence and her makeup too...
MakeUpByEman on Youtube...
Her first explanination of her hair...
what to tell your hair stylist if you want this look...
 

Fake a Frankie...
my previous hair was like this...
 
but then I was brave enough to really go black, and was attempting to grow out the bob...
but that did not last long. I can't stand the in between phase of that creepy crawly hair on my neck.
 
 
So, I decided to just start slowly chopping a little more every night for a weekend.
Taking baby steps is the best way for me.
I cut my own hair and have for the last 15 years. I am a thirfty lady who does not want to pay somebody a bunch of money to give me a cut I really don't like anyways. I trained myself, after many years of tears after leaving a salon, to just do it myself.
People always ask me how in the world I do it...
It is a mix of feeling, looking, and cutting.
I can cut the back of my hair with my eyes shut... literally. I "feel" my way through the cutting process. It is kinda like sculpture. I touch, feel what is too long, not even, or out of spot and cut away. The front I do by sight. I use my scissor like a razor and cut with them half open and slide the scissor downward. It is a confusing process. But I usually do not cut my entire hair in one sitting. It is a weekly process of cutting, looking, cutting, looking some more, and more...
I may have some sort of OCD with my hair cutting ... OK!
 
SO, here is where I am today. Kinda there, but not quite yet. I know I may one day be brave enough to go full out almost bald on the nape of the neck, but that will take time to be that brave.
 
 
 
 

I'm not quite brave enough yet to cut the under back incredibly short like Frankie.
I may be later, but for now I am just going to Fake Frankie.
Top Left: Tuck my hair behind my hear to make it look more like Frankie's short.
Got the cheat idea from this cute as a button girl on youtube
lots of cute tips on how to style short hair...


So, this is where I am now. Hopefully I can get the guts to go full out Frankie! WE will see...
Till then, Peace OUt my fellow hair obsessed ladies!
God Bless your Tress...

No comments:

Post a Comment