Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fun Filled Weekend!

THis weekend started off GREAT with a date night for me and my hubby eating candlelight dinner at Kitchen's Hardware and Deli. Then we went to the Select Theater in town to see a documentary on the Theater itself. It was very interesting. Then, the best part....
DRUMROLLL.........
WE GOT TO GO TO WALMART ALL BY OURSELVES!!!!
for the first time in forever.
Usually we are with our two girls that make each task just a little harder.
Gotta love em. 
On Saturday, we went shopping at the mall. I bought a dress for the first time in forever. 
Dresses are my worst enemy. They never flatter my figure it seems, so I just avoid them in general. 
But I actually tried one on a whim and it worked.
Then we ate at Salsaritas in Tyler and all talked about how delicious it was for the entire day!
If you have not been it is amazingly delicious!

Then on Sunday, 
After church we went out for a photo shoot with the girls...







I made invitations for my soon to be 2 year old's 
Maddy Monster Birthday Bash...







I have always had a soft spot in my heart for saddle shoes.
They are so typical vintage wallflower at a Sock Hop ball...

I made some saddle oxfords from cheap-o shoes!



I have also had this strange new obsession the last couple weeks for metal badges.
I wanted to get one for and art award to wear as an accessory and conversation pieces, but could not find one anywhere. I know I have one from High School VASE, but where it is is another question.
So, I just bought some pendants and made some myself...

I made 2 metals for accessories...
The anchor one is my favorite because of the sentimental reminder it holds...
from a page in my
"Art of SmART Thrifting" Journal...

Also,...

I have added multiple pages to my SUPERTAB autobiographical comic...
see here... 
BUT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO COME!





No comments:

Post a Comment