Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Monday, April 7, 2014

Light & Salvation by Tabitha Seaton

I cannot get rid of this image in my head the last week. It is of a strong bold and colorful flower growing toward the sun. It gravitates towards the source of it's strength as if it is only think that matters. Although the other flowers around it are growing a different way, it is not concerned with it's surroundings. The only thing that matters in this landscape is that the flower and "Son" are one. They are beyond the physical realm and exist in the spirit. The "Son" is the Light where the flower is drawn to for strength and the blood is the nourishing Salvation.
Since my life has been drastically changed by circumstance, I feel as though I am this flower. Hard rains may beat me down here, but it's moisture makes me stronger. I am aware there is a season for all things in order to make His will work. In the seasons of storms, I learn to lean on a higher power beyond my own. I am here on earth, knowing it is His plan for me... But my gaze is upward, my heart is His, my hope is Heaven, and my desire to to point others to Him. The more I grow towards the Spirit, the more the things around me become only silhouettes on the horizon. My gaze is higher as I gain a new perspective.

 I used the same image here in a lesson example for my students 
while studying Henri Matisse's paper cut out methods.
Read more about Matisse Paper Cut-outs here...
 http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2014/04/matisse-paper-cut-outs.html
and how to teach the technique to students here..
http://tabithaannthelostsock.blogspot.com/2014/04/matisse-inspired-lessons.html



No comments:

Post a Comment