Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Reflections of Christ all day everyday.

As I go through life, I find myself developing a sensor for sincerity and genuineness. I've been hurt and disappointed by people that I look up to and think of them as God's hands and feet. I continually ask for discernment for these things. I often think if I had one superpower, it would be to know if somebody is lying or not. I wish everybody had Pinocchio noses, but it's not that simple. I have tired to chose friends and mates based on these senses. For if you cannot know sincerity from your loved ones, what can you really know? My biggest turn off for friends and love is a fake person. I want friends that are the same everywhere, around every person everyday. I do not want a chameleon friend that changes their personality when they are around other people. I know certain people may bring out certain finer qualities in you (humor, tastes, conversations, interests), but I do not think you should change your character, what you believe in what is right and wrong, when your environment, company and circumstances change. 

                 Proverbs 27:19 

As water reflects the face,
    so one’s life reflects the heart


2 Corinthians 3:18
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

Being a Christian makes this even harder. Especially when you have not had the same beliefs all your life, you may find yourself slipping back to your old ways when you are around old friends. Or maybe you are doing the same types of activities you did before, but find it hard to get in the Jesus groove in this activity. This is where we must decide, "Does this friend or activity make me a better person, or is is pulling me down?" I heard somebody say, you don't just need Christian friends to lift you up, you need lost friend that you can life up too. But if your lost friend are pulling you down, either your faith needs more work or you need to lose that friend. We are a reflection or Christ everywhere we go. When people know you as Christian, you are a constant target of their ideas of who Jesus really is. We have to be very careful. There's nothing Satan loves more that a wavering Christian. He uses them to make faith look weak. We need to be changed if He changed us. We need to be consistent in our Christianity. I think we should just imagine Jesus with us all the time. Easier maybe, wear a symbol of Christ everywhere we go, knowing that people see that symbol and are looking to us for a reflection of Christ. If you don't cuss at church, you should not cuss at home. If you wouldn't have certain conversations at church, don't have those conversations anywhere. If Christ is inside of you, you take Him everywhere you go. You should remember Peter. When Jesus was right there by his side, he thought he would never deny Jesus. But as soon as Jesus was out of sight and headed to the cross, Peter felt as though if was more comfortable to blend in with the crowd. He denied his beloved Jesus three times, as Jesus had told him he would. Our love for Him is not a physical reminder that can be taken off and put on when we feel appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment