Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Monday, August 28, 2017

Think on These Things, Philippians 4:8

 
My most common spiritual weakness is my pessimistic thoughts. My mind complains, gripes, insults myself and others in my weakest moments. I have found that there are ways to "flip the switch" in my head. One is turning on my Spiritual Music, another is counting my blessings, and finding a way to give praise for what I am complaining for. God wants us to think of GOOD things.
This is harder and goes against the human grain. Every action we make was once a thought,
so before you speak it or do it,
Think it through.
 
T- is it TRUE
H- is it HELPFUL
I- Is it INSPIRING
N- Is it NECASSARY
K- Is it KIND?
 
Philippians 4:6-8

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Romans 12:2
 
do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment