Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Illustrated Truths continued...

Psalm 56
Lord, have mercy on me; all day long the enemy troops press in.
So many are proud to fight against me; how they long to conquer me.
3-4 But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you.
Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting him,
what can mere man do to me? They are always twisting what I say.
All their thoughts are how to harm me. 
They meet together to perfect their plans;
they hide beside the trail, listening for my steps, waiting to kill me.
 They expect to get away with it. Don’t let them, Lord. In anger cast them to the ground.
You have seen me tossing and turning through the night.
You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle!
You have recorded every one in your book.
The very day I call for help, the tide of battle turns.
My enemies flee! This one thing I know: God is for me! 
 10-11 I am trusting God—oh, praise his promises!
I am not afraid of anything mere man can do to me! Yes, praise his promises.
 12 I will surely do what I have promised, Lord, and thank you for your help. 
13 For you have saved me from death and my feet from slipping,
so that I can walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
 
1 Peter 3:3-4
New International Version (NIV)
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

I love this quote from Kid President.
It is similar to others I have heard.
 
"Nobody cares about how much you know,
until the know how much you care."
 
and
 
"It's nice to be important,
It's more important to be nice."
 
It all reminds me of what The Bible taught us...
 
Philippians 2:3-5
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
 Let each of you look not only to his own interests,
but also to the interests of others.
Have this mind among yourselves,
which is yours in Christ Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment