Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Guide to Finding Love


These images have been dug deep from my heart as a guide to anyone looking for a closer relationship to Love. I spent my life (till the age of 29) knowing God was there, but only feeling Him from a distance. This created a hole in my heart that I was continually trying to fill with things of this world.
 I was left unsatisfied...
I did not know how to find Love.
 But, Now I do.

Once I found Love and it overflowed in my life, I began writing out my testimony.
It is unfinished, as God is not finished with me. 
But I am working on the emotional time of readiness to dive back into completing the book soon.
My Illustrated Testimony shows the importance of finding love in my life.
It was something I never knew how to do until I was taught how, 
It changed my life.
http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/03/supertab-autobiographical-comic-of-my.html

HOW THE SCRIPTURE TELLS US TO....
FIND LOVE. 

BE STILL INSIDE

This is the hardest part! To sit down, be still and listen... near impossible. If it's not the kids, spouse, work, dogs or surroundings that distract us... it's our own minds! Our mind gets filled with thought of the Earth; paying bills, getting taxes filed, getting the dogs their shots, feeding the children... whatever. We can't possibly hear
 His Still Small Voice (1 Kings 19:11-13) if we have a thousand other voices trying to make us anxious. Satan knows this... so... he likes to whisper words of doubt to keep us busy all day long. It's easy to fear things that you cannot control. This even happened to Jesus, yes, really. He had times of anxiety that he had to escape the world in order to hear his Father's voice. But there's somebody that wants to help...
 No automatic alt text available.
My art (above)
God wants to take our burdens, 
calm us down, give us peace and free us from anxiety that binds us.. He says so.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Jamie Grace sings about it here...
LOVE THIS SONG!
https://youtu.be/3lBtnreAcAE

Psalm 46:10
He says, "Be still, and know that I am God:"

Here are times when Jesus had to be alone, escape people, be 
still and quiet to hear His Father's voice...

And early in the morning, while it was still dark, He arose and went out and departed to a lonely place, and was praying there. 
And immediately He made His disciples get into the boat and go ahead of Him to the other side to Bethsaida, while He Himself was sending the multitude away. And after bidding them farewell, he departed to the mountain to pray.
And they came to a place called Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, "Sit here until I have prayed." And He took with Him Peter and James and John, and began to be very distressed and troubled. And He said to them, "My soul is deeply grieved to the point of death; remain here and keep watch." And He went a little beyond them, and fell to the ground, and began praying.
And when day came, He departed to a lonely place; and the multitudes were searching for Him, and came to Him, and tried to keep Him from going away from them.
 ( Luke 4:42)
But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray.
 ( Luke 5:16)
And it was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God. ( Luke 6:12)

from Super Tab (above) 

Image may contain: text
My art (above)

LET THE EARTH MELT AWAY

I know when I'm on a mission to hear God's voice, I get distracted by the world around me... things around me that I feel touching my skin, things I see around me that are unsettling, things I hear that try to pull me away or make me loose concentration... pretty much every human sense can cause me to stray away from my mission. The world is physical. God is spiritual. He is inside us... deep and quietly waiting.

John 4:24

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

1 John 2:15
"Do not love the world or anything in the world.
 If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 

Romans 12:2
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to discern what is good, pleasing and perfect will of God."

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, 
but what is unseen is eternal. 


IMAGINE A NEW PLACE
Psalm 23:1-6
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths for His name's sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, for You are with me:
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil: my cup overflows. 
Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


from SuperTab (above)

SEEK LOVE

1 John 4: 

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

We could try our whole lives to find love from the Earth. Earthly love will fail. It can try to do the job, but will come short every time. People disappoint, let us down, discourage us... I know through God relationships can be healed. I know it. But it is THROUGH GOD, that it can be healed. His love through us, our pride aside with our forgiving hearts humbled. Without God, without LOve, it is impossible. So, before you can try to seek love from things, pets, or people of the earth... 
He is the source of where it all comes from.
Seek Him... He will be there. 
It is His deepest desire.

Jeremiah 29:12-14
"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
I will be found by you, declares the Lord"

Matthew 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you: seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.

Deuteronomy 4:29
"But from there you will seek the LORD your God,
and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul."


from SuperTab (above)

It was here, for the first time I met with Jesus. 
I asked Him the questions in my heart. 
He filled my emptiness and overflowed my heart holes with abundant spiritual satisfaction. 
These were holes nobody on this earth knew were there, not even me. Only my Creator knew. 
He showed me hurts I had buried deep and hid away until i forgot they were there. He restored my soul, just as His word said. 
His promises are true. 

I pray with all my heart that you will find time to be alone to meet Him in your secret place of Peace. 
It is what Jesus said ever time He met with His disciples, "Peace be with you..".
The Holy Spirit is here for that very reason. I big price was paid so that you could have that Peace with you always and everywhere. Let go of the world and find what really matters.
What will last for an eternity when all the things that we worry about are gone and over... 
He will be there waiting. He is there waiting now.




No comments:

Post a Comment