Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Illusion of the Heart...

An illusion is a mirage
A dream you think you see. 
Trusting and hoping 
For love lasting eternally. 
Honestly is what you thirst for
Believing there is nothing more
Hiding under the rug beneath your feet
Concealing secrets of his heart's beat. 
Since when has trusting made a fool
Isn't openness a wedded rule?
I pray to God my little heart to bless
To trust another with my beating breast. 
Jerk not this rug from under my weight
On one frightening unexpected date. 
To trust again would be my deepest desire
To never water down my passion's fire. 
My heart is that of a leader's lamb
Ever following another's plan. 
Let me not again see an illusion 
But this time my sweet love the lasting conclusion. 
A second chance is all I'm asking
A love that's true and everlasting... 
Hear my prayer O' Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment