Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Hello Again Weight Watcher

This is not the first weight loss journey and not my first time to join weight watchers. In 2010 I reached my largest at 230 lbs. This was when I discovered I was pregnant with my first daughter. The Dr. told me I had gestational diabetes and that I needed to go on a special diet before the birth. I did at 7 months pregnant (over 230 now) and was roughly 200 the day my daughter was born! Yay!
I continued to keep some of this off and lose more as I was breastfeeding the first year of her life.
My then husband, Shannon Seaton (who has now since passed) decided the he wanted to join Weight Watchers. I was so excited! We could now do this journey together.
I became a lifetime member when I reached my goal 7 years ago of 160 (but got down to 155) at 5'9. I felt confident and happy with my body. I was healthier than I was at my High School graduation. YAY!
See my previous journey here...
 
 After this achievement, I had another child. I had lost again and gotten back to 160 by a year after her birth. Following what I learned from WW, I was able to keep it off pretty much for 6 years. This past year I have gotten comfortable and felt as though I didn't want to make the daily sacrifices as usual. It slowly added up to me being 20 lbs. away from my life goal. I sat in denial for a while, went do Disney World and lived it up for a week. But it's back to reality and can't be ignored anymore. I feel wrong in my skin. Being an art teacher, One of my favorite things to do is express myself with my clothing! I love my thrifty closet collection. I love to be open each day to wear what I feel. But it feel more and more lately, I am picking out clothes for the purpose of hiding myself rather than standing out.
My new husband, Todd, and I decided to join WW 2 weeks ago. I weighed in at 182 when we got home from Disney World. It has not even been a full 2 weeks yet and I am down to 177.5! Yay. Still got a way to go. I wanted to keep a diary on here of how I feel and what I am eating. I am not only doing this to help and encourage others, but for myself to refer to later if I should gain the weight again. I can encourage myself. It is weird, but I look back at my old self and am jealous of how much determination I once had. I am still "me", "her" though. So, this journaling to future self helps me.
 
Before Video
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment