Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Doing What's Good

 
 
"Let Us Not Grow Weary of doing what's GOOD, for in due season we will Reap A Harvest." This verse keeps popping up in front of me this last couple weeks. I think God is trying to tell me something. Too often we "do good" hoping to get praise from humans. Too often nobody notices and we get all bent up. Do you clean house hoping the kids will notice? Have fun with that! Do you work hard at your job hoping your boss with throw you a bone? May never happen. As a teacher, the ki...ds at school that do good just becuase they see me holding stickers behind my back get on my nerves! Am I that kid? Just hoping for a pat on the back?
In reality, we ( or "I" really) should be happy to do good when NOBODY sees us. For it is these "good things" that He sees. These good deeds that do not gain us earthly praise that He holds onto and gives us blessing either here or in eternity. They are the riches. Character is what you are in the dark, right? So, do good always. No matter if you are noticed by anyone. Know that He notices is proud of you, His child. If we hunger fro human appreciation for every good deed we do, we will starve. Look to Him above who sees it all. He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment