Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Faith, Fun, Fashion, & Family

Friday, May 10, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday- Thrift Week 3

THE LOST SOCK is 
Inspired by the Blog...
 wiww banner
Day 1
Running Errands with family
Ok, I wasn't so sure about shorts and tights... but I did some research and I finally got the nerve...
It's hard for mommy to take these photos...
Evidence Below...

She's Guilty!



Day 2
Friday Work
Jeans day at School

Cropped Ruffle Jacket- GodWill Mineola, Texas
Plaid Shirt and Pants- Wal-Mart
Shoes- Goodwill

Butterfly Pendant- Hobby Lobby
"I am a new creation in Christ"


Day 3
 Friday Evening
What I Wore to the
                                                 FCA "Beautiful You" Slumber Party...

Scarf- Goodwill Mineola, Texas
Vest- Goodwill Mineola
Necklace- Goodwill MIneola
Anchor Pin- Handmade by Lost Sock 
(ribbon Walmart, pendant Michaels)



Plaid Anchor Piece was given to the Girl that knew who wrote the verse
at the Slumber Party as a prize, 
Romans 12:2
"And do not be conformed to this world, 
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, 
that you may prove what is that 
good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
Congrats Calli. Love ya.

Day 4
Skirt- Goodwill (J. Crew Brand)
Cardigan- Old Navy
Striped Shirt- from Factory Connection of Mineola
Tights- WalMart
Shoes- Shoe Carnival
I wanted to be more thrifty, but I am just wearing 1 item today. Last week was a challenge trying to wear more than one thrifted item  every day, so I am kinda getting a little lazy with the amount and just wearing what I want with a goal of one Anchor Piece.
Me at work in the Art Lab

I just recently died my hair black. It was a goal of mine to be every color before I "dye" (ha ha ha, get it?).
I have been wanting a black bob for a long time but have been so chicken because once you go black it is really hard to go back to anything lighter. So, I just took baby steps.
see here...
 http://thelostsocklife.blogspot.com/2013/03/black-bob-job.html
So, the only thing I have left it to be all blonde, and grey.
I'm not in a big hurry on the last one.

DAY 5
 Cardigan- Target
Striped Shirt- GoodWill of Mineola
Pants- NYC 

This is me at work standing in front of my "Art Wall of Wisdom".
I keep all my art teacher stuff on a separate blog if you are interested in this wall...
http://tabithaannthelostsock.blogspot.com/2012/10/artlab-wall-of-wisdom.html
 One of the most fun things about being a teacher is being able to use
a finger pointer and wearing smarty glasses.
Don't hate!
DAY 6
Another day at work in the art classroom...
Cardigan- GoodWill Tyler
Comic Tee- Christmas Gift
Stripped skirt- Target
Cowgirl boots- Cavenders

 









2 comments:

  1. Hi, Tabitha! You sound like such a fun-loving person! And your outfits reflect that, too! Working with pre-teens, I'm sure that can help them relate to you a little better, as you teach them about the fun class of art. I'm not much of an artist(I'm more into crafts), but always loved taking art classes in school! I started following your blog on Bloglovin'. Stop on over and check my blog out, if you get a chance.
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage (http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ann! WOw, thank you for reading my blog. Thank you for your lovely compliments! Crafters are artists too... i love crafts! You give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I definitely will check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete